Third Annual Christmas Game Coding Competition
(See 2005 Results)
(See 2006 Results)
Create a Nintendo DS or GBA game with a holiday theme. Be it Wack-a-Santa or nuclear snowball fights with diminutive elves we want to see your wintery creations.
- Any questions or suggestions mail to Dovoto
- Submit your games at any point to Dovoto Please specify if you need your game reviewed before the compo deadline for any reason.
- Original content (Satire will be considered fair use).
- All entries must run on hardware, the hardware being one of:
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance
- Multiple entries are encouraged but only one prize will be awarded to any individual / group.
- You are of course welcome to work in teams and split your prize how you see fit.
- No emulators, media players, or straight ports of old games please (e.g. porting quake to DS will not get you many points but porting quake, designing your own winter level and letting me walk around as Santa Claus and blast reindeer would be cool).
- Judging will be at the biased discretion of the participating judges but originality and entertainment will be the main focus (and technical splendor of course). Make me laugh and I will forgive your coder "art".
- Submissions can be made at anytime and should be mailed to email@example.com.
- Cash: $150 + whatever chipin says above
- 1st Place: 50%
- 2nd Place: 30%
- 3rd Place: 20%
Feel free to donate any amount (or anything for that matter) All money will be used to fund the game development competition. All hardware prizes MUST be recieved prior to 1/1/2008 else the will go into the prize pool for the next compo.
- January 2nd 2008 (which ever time zone you prefer, as long as it is still January 2nd somewhere in the world).
- Entries disqualified for any reason will be given a chance to resubmit a corrected version at the discretion of the judges if time permits.
- Games will be made available for download to the public no later than January 4th.
- Results will be announced within a week.