5th Annual Wintery Game Coding Competition
Now accepting Wii and Gamecube entries (judged by the same criteria but awarded prizes from a seperate prize pool).
- Original content (Satire will be considered fair use).
- All entries must run on hardware, the hardware being one of:
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance
- Nintendo Wii or Gamecube (seperately judged!)
- Multiple entries are encouraged but only one prize will be awarded to any individual / group.
- You are of course welcome to work in teams and split your prize how you see fit.
- No emulators, media players, or straight ports of old games please (e.g. porting quake to DS will not get you many points but porting quake, designing your own winter level and letting me walk around as Santa Claus and blast reindeer would be cool).
- Judging will be at the biased discretion of the participating judges but originality and entertainment will be the main focus (and technical splendor of course). Make me laugh and I will forgive your coder "art".
- Entries will be awarded points and the scores averaged between all participating judges. These points will be assigned based on the following judging criteria: Competition Judging Matrix
- Submissions will be accepted at anytime and can be resubmitted and updated as necessary until the deadline
Hardware prizes will be awarded by giving first place first choice, second place second choice, etc. As for the cash prizes will be as follows
- 1st Place: 50%
- 2nd Place: 30%
- 3rd Place: 20%
- 1-5 entries: winner take all
- 6-10 entries: 1st place 70%, 2nd place 30%
- > 10 entries: 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%
If we dont break $150 on the Wii/Gamecube prize pool it will be winner take all regardless of the number of entries.
- March 19th 2010 (which ever time zone you prefer, as long as it is still March 19th somewhere in the world).
- Entries disqualified for any reason will be given a chance to resubmit a corrected version at the discretion of the judges if time permits.
- Games will be made available for download to the public no later than March 21th.
- Results will be announced within a week.